PrintStream format(Locale, String, Object) method in Java with Examples
The format(Locale, String, Object) method of PrintStream Class in Java is used to print a formatted string in the stream using the given Locale. The string is formatted using specified format and arguments passed as the parameter.
public PrintStream format(Locale locale, String format, Object…args)
Parameters: This method accepts two mandatory parameter:
- locale which is the locale value to be applied on the this method
- format which is the format according to which the String is to be formatted.
- args which is the number of arguments for the formatted string. It can be optional, i.e. no arguments or any number of arguments according to the format.
Return Value: This method returns this PrintStream instance.
Exception: This method throws following exceptions:
- NullPointerException This is thrown if the format is null.
- IllegalFormatException This is thrown if the format specified is illegal or there are insufficient arguments.
Below methods illustrates the working of format(Locale, String, Object) method:
A Computer Science Portal GFG, GFG and GeeksforGeeks