Given a binary string str, the task is to find the minimum number of operations required to make all the characters of the string same i.e. either the resultant string contains all 0s or all 1s. In a single operation, any block of consecutive 0s can be converted to a block of consecutive 1s of the same length and vice versa.
Input: str = “000111”
In a single operation, either change all 0s to 1s
or change all 1s to 0s.
Input: str = “0011101010”
All the 1s can be converted to 0s in 3 operations.
Approach: The problem is to convert all the characters into a single one. Now since converting a whole consecutive group of characters counts as a single step. You can calculate the number of different groups as separated by each other due to the presence of other characters in between them. Now the number of steps would be simply the minimum of both the numbers. Hence, the answer will be the minimum of the count of consecutive blocks of 0s or the count of consecutive blocks of 1s.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
- Minimum given operations required to convert a given binary string to all 1's
- Minimum number of given operations required to convert a string to another string
- Minimum number of operations required to sum to binary string S
- Minimum swaps required to convert one binary string to another
- Minimum operations required to make the string satisfy the given condition
- Minimum reduce operations to convert a given string into a palindrome
- Minimum swaps required to make a binary string divisible by 2^k
- Minimum swaps required to make a binary string alternating
- Minimum number of operations on a binary string such that it gives 10^A as remainder when divided by 10^B
- Minimum cuts required to convert a palindromic string to a different palindromic string
- Minimum steps to convert one binary string to other only using negation
- Minimum number of given operations required to make two strings equal
- Operations required to make the string empty
- Minimum cost to convert str1 to str2 with the given operations
- Minimum changes required to make first string substring of second string
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.