Some of the mathematical functions are discussed in below set 1, set 2 and set 3
Mathematical Functions in Python | Set 1 (Numeric Functions)
Mathematical Functions in Python | Set 2 (Logarithmic and Power Functions)
Mathematical Functions in Python | Set 3 (Trigonometric and Angular Functions)
Special Functions and constants are discussed in this article.
1. gamma() :- This function is used to return the gamma function of the argument.
The gamma() of 4 is : 6.0
2. pi :- This is an inbuilt constant that outputs the value of pi(3.141592).
3. e :- This is an inbuilt constant that outputs the value of e(2.718281).
The value of const. pi is : 3.141592653589793 The value of const. e is : 2.718281828459045
4. inf :- This is a positive floating point infinity constant. -inf is used to denote the negative floating point infinity. This constant is defined in python 3.5 and above.
5. isinf() :- This function is used to check whether the value is an infinity or not.
6. nan :- This constant denotes “Not a number” in python. This constant is defined in python 3.5 and above.
7. isnan() :- This function returns true if the number is “nan” else returns false.
The number is nan The number is positive infinity
This article is contributed by Manjeet Singh. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Mathematical Functions in Python | Set 2 (Logarithmic and Power Functions)
- Mathematical Functions in Python | Set 3 (Trigonometric and Angular Functions)
- Mathematical Functions in Python | Set 1 (Numeric Functions)
- Complex Numbers in Python | Set 2 (Important Functions and Constants)
- Constants of Maths in Python
- Python | Mathematical Median of Cumulative Records
- Plot Mathematical Expressions in Python using Matplotlib
- Evaluate the Mathematical Expressions using Tkinter in Python
- ML | Mathematical explanation of RMSE and R-squared error
- Mathematical explanation for Linear Regression working
- Q-learning Mathematical Background
- Chi-Square Test for Feature Selection - Mathematical Explanation
- Operations on Graph and Special Graphs using Networkx module | Python
- Python program to Count Uppercase, Lowercase, special character and numeric values using Regex
- Python - Reverse a words in a line and keep the special characters untouched
- Python | Remove trailing/leading special characters from strings list
- __file__ (A Special variable) in Python
- Special Keys in Selenium Python
- tensorflow.math.special.spence() function in Python
- tensorflow.math.special.fresnel_sin() function in Python