The appendReplacement(StringBuffer, String) method of Matcher Class behaves as a append-and-replace method. This method reads the input string and replace it with the matched pattern in the matcher string.
public Matcher appendReplacement(StringBuffer buffer, String stringToBeReplaced)
Parameters: This method takes two parameters:
- buffer: which is the StringBuffer that stores the target string.
- stringToBeReplaced: which is the String to be replaced in the matcher.
Return Value: This method returns a Matcher with the target String replaced.
Exception: This method throws following exceptions:
- IllegalStateException: If no match has yet been attempted, or if the previous match operation failed
- IllegalArgumentException: If the replacement string refers to a named-capturing group that does not exist in the pattern
- IndexOutOfBoundsException: If the replacement string refers to a capturing group that does not exist in the pattern
Below examples illustrate the Matcher.appendReplacement() method:
Before Replacement: GeeksForGeeks Geeks for For Geeks Geek After Replacement: GEEKSForGEEKS GEEKS for For GEEKS Geek
Before Replacement: FGF FGF FGF FGF After Replacement: GFG GFG GFG GFG
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.