Returns an iterator pointing to the first element in the range [first, last] which does not compare less than val.
The elements in the range shall already be sorted or at least partitioned with respect to val.
ForwardIterator lower_bound (ForwardIterator first, ForwardIterator last, const T& val);
ForwardIterator lower_bound (ForwardIterator first, ForwardIterator last, const T& val, Compare comp);
The range used is [first, last), which contains all the elements between first and last, including the element pointed by first but not the element pointed by last.
Value of the lower bound to search for in the range.
Binary function that accepts two arguments (the first of the type pointed by ForwardIterator, and the second, always val), and returns a value convertible to bool. The function shall not modify any of its arguments. This can either be a function pointer or a function object.
Return type :
An iterator to the lower bound of val in the range. If all the element in the range compare less than val, the function returns last.
Input : 10 20 30 40 50 Output : lower_bound for element 35 at index 3 Input : 10 20 30 40 50 Output : lower_bound for element 55 is index 5
Vector contains : 10 20 30 40 50 lower_bound for element 20 at position 1 lower_bound for element 55 at position 5
This article is contributed by Sachin Bisht. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Structures in C++
- Variables in C++
- Implementing Forward Iterator in BST
- Count substrings that contain all vowels | SET 2
- Machine Learning in C++
- How can we use Comma operator in place of curly braces?
- Optimally accommodate 0s and 1s from a Binary String into K buckets
- Remove first adjacent pairs of similar characters until possible
- Find a number containing N - 1 set bits at even positions from the right
- Sort an array according to absolute difference with given value using Functors
- Rearrange characters in a string such that no two adjacent are same using hashing
- Remove duplicate elements in an Array using STL in C++
- r-Nearest neighbors
- Increment (++) and Decrement (--) operator overloading in C++
- std::uniform_int_distribution max() method in C++ with examples