In LINQ, Set operators are those operators in query expression which return a result set based on the existence or non-existence of the equivalent elements within the same or different collections or sequences or sets. The standard query operator contains the following set operators:
The Except operator returns the set difference. Or in other words, we can say that it returns the set or collection which contain the elements that do not appear in the second collection or set.
- It does not support Query Syntax in C# and VB.Net languages. But you can use Except method on query variable or you can wrap your query in brackets and then call Except method.
- It support method syntax in both C# and VB.Net languages.
- It present in both the Queryable and Enumerable class.
- It is implemented by using deferred execution.
- When you are working with the collections of complex types, then you must use IEqualityComparer interface, otherwise, the Except method will give you incorrect result.
Sequence 1 is: m q o s y a Sequence 2 is: p t r s y z New Sequence: m q o a
- LINQ | Set Operator | Union
- LINQ | Partition Operator | Take
- LINQ | Quantifier Operator | Any
- LINQ | Quantifier Operator | Contains
- LINQ | Element Operator | First
- LINQ | Quantifier Operator | All
- LINQ | Set Operator | Distinct
- LINQ | Filtering Operator | where
- LINQ | Set Operator | Intersect
- LINQ | Element Operator | Last
- LINQ | Partition Operator | Skip
- LINQ | Equality Operator | SequenceEqual
- LINQ | Sorting Operator | OrderBy
- LINQ | Concatenation Operator | Concat
- LINQ | Sorting Operator | ThenBy
- LINQ | Sorting Operator | Reverse
- LINQ | Partition Operator | TakeWhile
- LINQ | Sorting Operator | OrderByDescending
- LINQ | Sorting Operator | ThenByDescending
- LINQ | Partition Operator | SkipWhile
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.