The JTable class is a part of Java Swing Package and is generally used to display or edit two-dimensional data that is having both rows and columns. It is similar to a spreadsheet. This arranges data in a tabular form.
Constructors in JTable:
- JTable(): A table is created with empty cells.
- JTable(int rows, int cols): Creates a table of size rows * cols.
- JTable(Object data, Object Column): A table is created with the specified name where Column defines the column names.
Functions in JTable:
- addColumn(TableColumn column) : adds a column at the end of the JTable.
- clearSelection() : Selects all the selected rows and columns.
- editCellAt(int row, int col) : edits the intersecting cell of the column number col and row number row programmatically, if the given indices are valid and the corresponding cell is editable.
- setValueAt(Object value, int row, int col) : Sets the cell value as ‘value’ for the position row, col in the JTable.
Below is the program to illustrate the various methods of JTable:
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important Java Foundation and Collections concepts with the Fundamentals of Java and Java Collections Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course.