Character.UnicodeBlock Class represents particular Character blocks of the Unicode(standards using hexadecimal values to express characters – 16 bit) specifications. Character Blocks define characters used for specific purpose.
public static final class Character.UnicodeBlock extends Character.Subset
Methods of Character.UnicodeBlock Class :
- forName() : java.lang.Character.UnicodeBlock.forName() returns the name of Unicode Blocks, which are determined by the Unicode Standards.
The method accepts argument as Canonical Block as per Unicode Standards.
public static final Character.UnicodeBlock forName(String block) Parameters : block : Name of UniCode Block. Return : instance of UniCode Block. Exception : -> IllegalArgumentException -> NullPointerException
- of(char ch) : java.lang.Character.Subset.of(char ch) returns the UniCode Block having the argumented character or null if the character is not a part of any defined Unicode Block.
public static Character.UnicodeBlock of(char ch) Parameters : ch : character to be found. Return : returns the UniCode Block or null. Exception : -> IllegalArgumentException
- of(int UCPoint) : java.lang.Character.Subset.of(int UCPoint)returns the object having the argumented UniCode – Point or null if the character is not a part of any defined Unicode Block.
public final String toString() Parameters : --- Return : returns the object having the argumented UniCode - Point or null Exception : -> IllegalArgumentException
Using UnicodeBlock.forName() : OLD_ITALIC NUMBER_FORMS MALAYALAM Using UnicodeBlock.of(char ch) : BASIC_LATIN ARROWS Using UnicodeBlock.of(int UCPoint) : ARABIC ARABIC
lang.Character.UnicodeBlock Class inherits others methods from lang.Character.Subset Class class which in turn inherits methods from lang.Character.Object class.
This article is contributed by Mohit Gupta_OMG 😀. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Implement Triplet Class with Pair Class in Java using JavaTuples
- Implement Quintet Class with Quartet Class in Java using JavaTuples
- Implement Sextet Class from Quintet Class in Java using JavaTuples
- Implement Septet Class from Sextet Class in Java using JavaTuples
- Implement Pair Class with Unit Class in Java using JavaTuples
- Implement Decade Class from Ennead Class in Java using JavaTuples
- Implement Octet Class from Septet Class in Java using JavaTuples
- Implement Quartet Class with Triplet Class in Java using JavaTuples
- Implement Ennead Class from Octet Class in Java using JavaTuples
- In Java, Can we call the main() method of a class from another class?
- Difference between Abstract Class and Concrete Class in Java
- Using predefined class name as Class or Variable name in Java
- Java.lang.Class class in Java | Set 1
- Java.lang.Class class in Java | Set 2
- Java.util.concurrent.Phaser class in Java with Examples
- Java.util.concurrent.RecursiveAction class in Java with Examples
- Java.util.concurrent.RecursiveTask class in Java with Examples
- Java.util.BitSet class methods in Java with Examples | Set 2
- Java class dependency analyzer in Java 8 with Examples
- Java.util.concurrent.Semaphore class in Java
Improved By : nidhi_biet