This a character stream class whose source is a string.
- void close() : Closes the stream and releases any system resources associated with it.Once the stream has been closed, further read(), ready(), mark(), or reset() invocations will throw an IOException. Closing a previously closed stream has no effect.
Syntax :public void close()
- void mark(int readAheadLimit) : Marks the present position in the stream. Subsequent calls to reset() will reposition the stream to this point.
Syntax :public void mark(int readAheadLimit) throws IOException Parameters: readAheadLimit - Limit on the number of characters that may be read while still preserving the mark. Because the stream's input comes from a string, there is no actual limit, so this argument must not be negative, but is otherwise ignored. Throws: IllegalArgumentException IOException
- boolean markSupported() : Tells whether this stream supports the mark() operation, which it does.
Syntax :public boolean markSupported() Returns: true if and only if this stream supports the mark operation.
- int read() : Reads a single character.
Syntax :public int read() throws IOException Returns: The character read, or -1 if the end of the stream has been reached Throws: IOException
- int read(char cbuf, int off, int len) : Reads characters into a portion of an array.
Syntax :public int read(char cbuf, int off, int len) throws IOException Parameters: cbuf - Destination buffer off - Offset at which to start writing characters len - Maximum number of characters to read Returns: The number of characters read, or -1 if the end of the stream has been reached Throws: IOException
- boolean ready() : Tells whether this stream is ready to be read.
Syntax :public boolean ready() throws IOException Returns: True if the next read() is guaranteed not to block for input Throws: IOException
- void reset() : Resets the stream to the most recent mark, or to the beginning of the string if it has never been marked.
Syntax :public void reset() throws IOException Throws: IOException
- long skip(long ns) : Skips the specified number of characters in the stream.. Returns the number of characters that were skipped.
The ns parameter may be negative, even though the skip method of the Reader superclass throws an exception in this case. Negative values of ns cause the stream to skip backwards. Negative return values indicate a skip backwards. It is not possible to skip backwards past the beginning of the string.
If the entire string has been read or skipped, then this method has no effect and always returns 0.
Syntax :public long skip(long ns) throws IOException Parameters: ns - The number of characters to skip Returns: The number of characters actually skipped Throws: IOException
Mark method is supported forGeeksGeeks
This article is contributed by Nishant Sharma. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Implement Octet Class from Septet Class in Java using JavaTuples
- Implement Quintet Class with Quartet Class in Java using JavaTuples
- Implement Triplet Class with Pair Class in Java using JavaTuples
- Implement Decade Class from Ennead Class in Java using JavaTuples
- Implement Septet Class from Sextet Class in Java using JavaTuples
- Implement Quartet Class with Triplet Class in Java using JavaTuples
- Implement Sextet Class from Quintet Class in Java using JavaTuples
- Implement Ennead Class from Octet Class in Java using JavaTuples
- Implement Pair Class with Unit Class in Java using JavaTuples
- Difference between Abstract Class and Concrete Class in Java
- In Java, Can we call the main() method of a class from another class?
- Using predefined class name as Class or Variable name in Java
- Java.lang.Class class in Java | Set 1
- Java.lang.Class class in Java | Set 2
- Java.util.concurrent.RecursiveTask class in Java with Examples