The <base> target Attribute in HTML is used to specify the default target for all hyperlinks and forms in the webpage. This attribute could also be overridden by the use of the target attribute for each hyperlink and the Form.
<base target="_blank|_self|_parent|_top|framename" >
- _blank: It opens the link in a new window.
- _self: It opens the linked document in the same frame.
- _parent: It opens the linked document in the parent frameset.
- _top: It opens the linked document in the full body of the window.
- framename: It opens the linked document in the named frame.
Example: This example illustrates the use of target attribute in the <base> element.
Supported Browsers: The browser supported by HTML base target Attribute are listed below:
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer