The given task is to take an integer as input from the user and print print that integer in C++ language.
In below program, the syntax and procedures to take the integer as input from the user is shown in C++ language.
- The user enters an integer value when asked.
- This value is taken from the user with the help of cin method. The cin method, in C++, reads the value from the console into the specified variable.
cin >> variableOfXType; where >> is the extraction operator and is used along with the object cin for reading inputs. The extraction operator extracts the data from the object cin which is entered using the keyboard.
- For an integer value, the X is replaced with type int. The syntax of cin method becomes as follows then:
cin >> variableOfIntType;
- This entered value is now stored in the variableOfIntType.
- Now to print this value, cout method is used. The cout method, in C++, prints the value passed as the parameter to it, on the console screen.
cout << variableOfXType; where << is the insertion operator. The data needed to be displayed on the screen is inserted in the standard output stream (cout) using the insertion operator (<<).
- For an integer value, the X is replaced with type int. The syntax of cout() method becomes as follows then:
cout << variableOfIntType;
- Hence, the integer value is successfully read and printed.
Enter the integer: 10 Entered integer is: 10
Attention reader! Don't stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- How to Read and Print an Integer value in C
- How to Read and Print an Integer value in Java
- Java Program to Print a Square Pattern for given integer
- How to read content of GeeksforGeeks in an organized way?
- Read/Write Class Objects from/to File in C++
- Ways to read input from console in Java
- lseek() in C/C++ to read the alternate nth byte and write it in another file
- Implement your own tail (Read last n lines of a huge file)
- Count even and odd digits in an Integer
- How to concatenate two Integer values into one?
- String to Integer in Java - parseInt()
- Assigning an integer to float and comparison in C/C++
- Highest power of 2 less than or equal to given Integer
- Check for integer overflow on multiplication
- Integer literal in C/C++ (Prefixes and Suffixes)
- Find the missing integer in an array if mean is given
- Count the number of holes in an integer
- Input an integer array without spaces in C
- Count the minimum steps to reach 0 from the given integer N
- Program to count digits in an integer (4 Different Methods)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.