The given task is to take an integer as input from the user and print print that integer in C++ language.
In below program, the syntax and procedures to take the integer as input from the user is shown in C++ language.
- The user enters an integer value when asked.
- This value is taken from the user with the help of cin method. The cin method, in C++, reads the value from the console into the specified variable.
cin >> variableOfXType; where >> is the extraction operator and is used along with the object cin for reading inputs. The extraction operator extracts the data from the object cin which is entered using the keyboard.
- For an integer value, the X is replaced with type int. The syntax of cin method becomes as follows then:
cin >> variableOfIntType;
- This entered value is now stored in the variableOfIntType.
- Now to print this value, cout method is used. The cout method, in C++, prints the value passed as the parameter to it, on the console screen.
cout << variableOfXType; where << is the insertion operator. The data needed to be displayed on the screen is inserted in the standard output stream (cout) using the insertion operator (<<).
- For an integer value, the X is replaced with type int. The syntax of cout() method becomes as follows then:
cout << variableOfIntType;
- Hence, the integer value is successfully read and printed.
Enter the integer: 10 Entered integer is: 10