The task is to add all the selected HTML elements into an array and iterate through the array. To achieve this, the first step is to select all the desired elements. There are several ways to do this.
var myElement = document.getElementById("element-id");
var myElements = document.getElementsByTagName("div");
var myElements = document.getElementsByClassName( "element-class");
var myElements = document.querySelectorAll("div.class-name");
The second step involves iterating over the array. There are several ways to do this:
In this approach, select all the
div elements from the first container, add them to the second container.
Before clicking on the button:
After clicking on the button:
To convert a NodeList to an array:
var divsArr = Array.prototype.slice.call(divs);
- How to iterate through child elements of a div using jQuery ?
- What are the efficient ways to iterate over all DOM elements ?
- Iterate associative array using foreach loop in PHP
- How to iterate over an Array using for loop in Golang?
- How to get all selected checkboxes in an array using jQuery ?
- Iterate over a dictionary in Python
- Iterate over a set in Python
- Iterate over characters of a string in Python
- Different ways to iterate over rows in Pandas Dataframe
- How to iterate over rows in Pandas Dataframe
- How to iterate over the keys and values with ng-repeat in AngularJS ?
- How to iterate over filtered (ng-repeat filter) collection of objects in AngularJS ?
- Java Program to Iterate Over Arrays Using for and foreach Loop
- Iterate over a list in Python
- Reading selected webpage content using Python Web Scraping
- What is the future of those students who are getting selected in mass recruiting companies
- How to get multiple selected values of select box in php?
- HTML | selected Attribute
- jQuery | :selected Selector
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.