CURL stands for Client URL. It is a Linux Terminal command which is used to transferring data from one server to another server. It is a free and open-source data transfer tool that uses the following protocols: IMAP, IMAPS, POP, POP3, POP3S, DICT, FILE HTTP, HTTPS, SMB, SMBS, SMTP, SMTPS, FTP, FTPS, TELNET, RTSP, RMTP, and TFTP.
It displays a meter-like progress bar while running and indicating various parameters like the amount of transferred data, speed of data transfer and estimated time left.
Following are the steps for the installation of PHP-CURL on your Ubuntu system:
- Step 1: Install PHP libraries for the server by running the following command:
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ondrej/php
- Step 2: Then, update the server:
$ sudo apt update
- Step 3: Now, install CURL.
$ sudo apt install curl
- Step 4: You can check the version of curl installed by the command:
$ dpkg -l curl
- Step 5: Once you have installed CURL on Ubuntu 18.04 PHP server, you need to restart your webserver on which PHP is running:
If you are using Apache server then use either of the following commands to restart the server:
$ sudo service apache2 restart
$ sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
Similarly, if you are using Nginx server, then use either of the following commands:
$ sudo systemctl restart nginx
$ sudo /etc/init.d/nginx restart
- How to install Apache server in Ubuntu ?
- How to Install and Configure MongoDB in Ubuntu?
- How to Install ImageMagick and Imagick PHP extension in Ubuntu ?
- How to setup cron jobs in Ubuntu
- Creating custom domain name instead of localhost in Ubuntu
- How to make sure that Apache service keeps running in Ubuntu
- LAMP installation and important PHP configurations on Ubuntu
- How to install XAMPP on Windows ?
- What is the meaning of --save for NPM install ?
- install command in Linux with examples
- How to install the previous version of node.js and npm ?
- How to Install R Studio on Windows and Linux?
- How to download and install Java for 64 bit machine
- How to Install Ruby on Rails on Windows and Linux?
- How to enable PHP's openssl extension to install Composer ?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.