Julia is a very new and fast high-level programming language and has the power to compete with python. Like python, Julia is also compatible to do machine learning and data analysis part. In this tutorial, we will learn about how to install NumPy and use it in our Julia environment.
Checking for a pre-installed Julia Version:
Before we begin with the installation of Julia, it is good to check if it might be already installed on your system. To check if your device is preinstalled with Julia or not, just go to the Command line(search for cmd in the Run dialog( + R)).
Now run the following command:
If Julia is not installed, please follow the steps on How to Install Julia on Windows?
Installing NumPy package
Follow these steps to make use of libraries like NumPy in Julia:
Step 1: Use the
Using Pkg command to install the external packages in Julia.
Step 2: Add the
PyCall package to install the required python modules in julia and to do so use the command given below:
Step 3: In this step, we have to use the
PyCall package and for that use the following command:
Step 4: And Here we go, this is the final statement which we use to complete the setup for numpy.
np = pyimport("numpy")
- How to install Pandas package in Julia?
- Package Management in Julia
- How to Install Julia on Windows ?
- How to Install Julia Programming Language on Linux ?
- How to Install Julia on MacOS?
- Julia end Keyword | Marking end of blocks in Julia
- Julia function keyword | Create user-defined functions in Julia
- Julia continue Keyword | Continue iterating to next value of a loop in Julia
- Julia break Keyword | Exiting from a loop in Julia
- Julia local Keyword | Creating a local variable in Julia
- Julia global Keyword | Creating a global variable in Julia
- How to install Sublime Text 3 in Windows?
- Step by Step guide to install Intellij Idea
- How to Install UIPath Studio Community Edition for Robotics Process Automation?
- How to Install and Run Apache Kafka on Windows?
- How to Install GNU Octave in Linux?
- How to Install Magento2 on Windows?
- How to Install TeamViewer on Linux/Ubuntu?
- How to install Android Applications in Mobile Phone without USB Cables using Android Studio
- How to Install CMake for Windows in Python?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.