The Menus in android applications are the following:
- Android Options Menu
- Android Context Menu
- Android Popup Menu
Android Option Menus are the primary menus of android. They can be used for settings, search, delete item etc. When and how this item should appear as an action item in the app bar is decided by the Show Action attribute. The values that can be given for the showAsAction attribute:
- always: This ensures that the menu will always show in the action bar.
- never: This means that the menu will never show, and therefore will be available through the overflow menu
Below is the complete code for implementing the Options Menu in Android is given below:
GeeksforGeeks has prepared a complete interview preparation course with premium videos, theory, practice problems, TA support and many more features. Please refer Placement 100 for details
- How to implement View Shaker in Android
- How to implement Dark (Night) mode in Android app
- How to implement Picture in Picture (PIP) in Android?
- Android | How to Create/Start a New Project in Android Studio?
- Android | AdMob Interstitial Ads for Android Studio
- Android | AdMob Banner Ads for Android Studio
- Android | How to Request permissions in Android Application?
- Android | Android Application File Structure
- Android | How to add Radio Buttons in an Android Application?
- Android | Running your first Android app
- JavaFX | MenuBar and Menu
- Menu-Driven program using Switch-case in C
- How to implement Dictionary with Python3?
- Implement a Phone Directory
- How to implement SQL GROUP BY in Java?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.