How to get Synchronize access to the Array in C#
Array.SyncRoot Property is used to get an object that can be used to synchronize access to the Array. An array is a group of like-typed variables that are referred to by a common name. Array class comes under the System namespace.
- Synchronization of an object is done so that only one thread can manipulate the data in the array.
- A property is a member of a class that provides a means for reading, writing and computing private data fields.
- Array.SyncRoot Property implements the System.Collections.ICollection interface.
- The synchronizing code cannot directly perform on the collection, so it must perform operations on the SyncRoot of the collection in order to guarantee the proper operation of collections that are derived from other objects.
- Retrieving the value of this property is an O(1) operation.
Property Value: An object that can be used to synchronize access to the Array.
Example 1: In this code, we are using SyncRoot to get Synchronized access to the Array named arr, which is not a thread-safe procedure and can cause an exception. So to avoid the exception we lock the collection during the enumeration.
12 15 20 3 6
Example 2: In the below example we use SynRoot property with an array of objects of class X.
0 0 0 0 0