Like other programming languages, Go language also allows you to create files. For creating a file it provides Create() function, this function is used to create or truncates the given named file.
- This method will truncate the file, if the given file is already exists.
- This method will create a file with mode 0666, if the given file doesn’t exist.
- If the given path is not correct, then this method will throw an error of type *PathError.
- This method return a file descriptor which can be used for both reading and write.
- It is defined under the os package so, you have to import os package in your program for accessing Create() function.
func Create(file_name string) (*File, error)