How to Apply View Animations Effects in Android?
Android View Animations are used to apply amazing animations on TextView and EditText in the android application. Such animations provide the app with a smooth look in a new way. In this article, we are going to develop the Android View Animation effect in Android Studio.
What we are going to build in this article?
In this article, we will develop a sample application with the TextView animation effect over its activity. A sample gif is given below to get an idea about what we are going to do in this article. Note that we are going to implement this project using the Java language.
Step by Step Implementation
Step 1: Create a New Project
To create a new project in Android Studio please refer to How to Create/Start a New Project in Android Studio. Note that select Java as the programming language.
Step 2: Add dependency
Now, Navigate to the Gradle Scripts > build.gradle(Module:app) add the below dependencies in the dependencies section.
Now, sync your project and now we have everything which we will need during implementation so now, move towards its implementation.
Step 3: Working with the activity_main.xml file
Now, go-to the app >res > layout > activity_main.xml and paste the below-written code in the activity_main.xml file.
Step 4: Working with the MainActivity.java file
Go to the app > java > package name > MainActivity.java file and refer to the following code. Below is the code for the MainActivity.java file. Comments are added inside the code to understand the code in more detail.
We can also use other animation effects like Tada. A list of some beautiful effects are given below with their categories:
- Attention: Flash, Pulse, RubberBand, Shake, Swing, Wobble, Bounce, Tada, StandUp, Wave
- Special: Hinge, RollIn, RollOut,Landing,TakingOff,DropOut
- Bounce: BounceIn, BounceInDown, BounceInLeft, BounceInRight, BounceInUp
- Fade: FadeIn, FadeInUp, FadeInDown, FadeInLeft, FadeInRight, FadeOut, FadeOutDown, FadeOutLeft, FadeOutRight, FadeOutUp
- Flip: FlipInX, FlipOutX, FlipOutY
- Rotate: RotateIn, RotateInDownLeft, RotateInDownRight, RotateInUpLeft, RotateInUpRight, RotateOut, RotateOutDownLeft, RotateOutDownRight, RotateOutUpLeft, RotateOutUpRight
- Slide: SlideInLeft, SlideInRight, SlideInUp, SlideInDown, SlideOutLeft, SlideOutRight, SlideOutUp, SlideOutDown
- Zoom: ZoomIn, ZoomInDown, ZoomInLeft, ZoomInRight, ZoomInUp, ZoomOut, ZoomOutDown, ZoomOutLeft, ZoomOutRight, ZoomOutUp
That’s all, now the application is ready to install on the device. Here is what the output of the application looks like.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important Java Foundation and Collections concepts with the Fundamentals of Java and Java Collections Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course.