Given a string str, the task is to replace all occurrences of the given X with given Y and also remove any occurrances of the given Z if present in it with no extra space
Input: str = “batman”, X = ‘a’, Y = ‘d’, Z = ‘b’
Input: str = “abba”, X = ‘a’, Y = ‘d’, Z = ‘b’
- The idea is based on the 2 pointers.
- Let two-variable start and end points to the beginning and end of the string.
- Now if the character at the start is Z, replace it with a character not having Y at another pointer pointing to a location > start keeping in mind to replace character X with Y if found.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Print string after removing all (“10” or “01”) from the binary string
- Check if a string can be converted to another string by replacing vowels and consonants
- Print all possible combinations of the string by replacing '$' with any other digit from the string
- Character replacement after removing duplicates from a string
- Minimum sum of squares of character counts in a given string after removing k characters
- Print reverse string after removing vowels
- Balance a string after removing extra brackets
- Check if string remains palindrome after removing given number of characters
- Check if string is palindrome after removing all consecutive duplicates
- Make the string lexicographically smallest and non palindromic by replacing exactly one character
- Count of integers obtained by replacing ? in the given string that give remainder 5 when divided by 13
- Python | Replacing Nth occurrence of multiple characters in a String with the given character
- Sentence Palindrome (Palindrome after removing spaces, dots, .. etc)
- Subsequence queries after removing substrings
- Minimize ASCII values sum after removing all occurrences of one character
- Reduce the number to minimum multiple of 4 after removing the digits
- Maximum non-repeating characters after removing K characters
- Removing string that is an anagram of an earlier string
- Find longest palindrome formed by removing or shuffling chars from string
- Maximize the value of A by replacing some of its digits with digits of B
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.