Find the most repeated word in a text file
Python provides inbuilt functions for creating, writing, and reading files. Two types of files can be handled in python, normal text files, and binary files (written in binary language,0s and 1s).
- Text files: In this type of file, Each line of text is terminated with a special character called EOL (End of Line), which is the new line character (‘\n’) in python by default.
- Binary files: In this type of file, there is no terminator for a line, and the data is stored after converting it into machine-understandable binary language.
Here we are operating on the .txt file in Python. Through this program, we will find the most repeated word in a file.
- We will take the content of the file as input.
- We will save each word in a list after removing spaces and punctuation from the input string.
- Find the frequency of each word.
- Print the word which has a maximum frequency.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Most repeated word: well Frequency: 3