Given an array A having N elements and two integers L and R where, and . You can choose any element of the array (let’s say ax) and delete it, and also delete all elements equal to ax+1, ax+2 … ax+R and ax-1, ax-2 … ax-L from the array. This step will cost ax points. The task is to maximize the total cost after deleting all the elements from the array.
Input : 2 1 2 3 2 2 1 L = 1, R = 1 Output : 8 We select 2 to delete, then (2-1)=1 and (2+1)=3 will need to be deleted, for given L and R range respectively. Repeat this until 2 is completely removed. So, total cost = 2*4 = 8. Input : 2 4 2 9 5 L = 1, R = 2 Output : 18 We select 2 to delete, then 5 and then 9. So total cost = 2*2 + 5 + 9 = 18.
Approach: We will find the count of all the elements. Now let’s say an element X is selected then, all elements in the range [X-L, X+R] will be deleted. Now we select the minimum range from L and R and finds up to which elements are to be deleted when element X is selected. Our results will be maximum of previously deleted elements and when element X is deleted. We will use dynamic programming to store the result of previously deleted elements and use it further.
Time Complexity: O(max(A))
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Maximum possible middle element of the array after deleting exactly k elements
- Reduce the array by deleting elements which are greater than all elements to its left
- Maximum sum of even indexed elements obtained by right shift on an even sized subarray
- Maximum array sum that can be obtained after exactly k changes
- Find the smallest after deleting given elements
- Find the largest after deleting the given elements
- Find the k largest numbers after deleting the given elements
- Find the k smallest numbers after deleting given elements
- Maximum value obtained by performing given operations in an Array
- Change in Median of given array after deleting given elements
- Minimum sum obtained from groups of four elements from the given array
- Maximum score of deleting an element from an Array based on given condition
- Find maximum xor of k elements in an array
- Find the minimum and maximum sum of N-1 elements of the array
- Find the maximum elements in the first and the second halves of the Array
- Find a number that divides maximum array elements
- Find all numbers that divide maximum array elements
- Recursive Programs to find Minimum and Maximum elements of array
- Find K elements whose absolute difference with median of array is maximum
- Find integers that divides maximum number of elements of the array
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.