Sometimes, we have to extract data from PDF. we have to copy & paste the data from PDF. It is time-consuming. In Python, there are packages that we can use to extract data from a PDF and export it in a different format using Python. We will learn how to extract data from PDFs.
Extracting Text With PDFMiner
PDFMiner is a text extraction tool for PDF documents. you can try using pip to install PDFminer in your system as:
pip install pdfminer
Let’s get started with extracting all the text of PDF page by page. It requires the following steps to extract pages data
- create a resource manager instance.
- create a file-like object via Python’s io module.
- create a converter.
- create a PDF interpreter object that will take our resource manager and converter objects and extract the text.
- open the PDF and loop through each page.
Below is the implementation.
PDF File Used:
In this example, we create a function that yields the text for each page. The extract_text function prints out the text of each page.
- Python | Data Augmentation
- Python for Data Science
- Python Data Types
- Python - Stock Data Visualisation
- Data Classes in Python | An Introduction
- Python | Pandas Index.data
- Python | Pandas Series.data
- Data Classes in Python | Set 4 (Inheritance)
- Exploratory Data Analysis in Python | Set 1
- Exploratory Data Analysis in Python | Set 2
- Working With JSON Data in Python
- Python | Data analysis using Pandas
- Data analysis and Visualization with Python
- Inbuilt Data Structures in Python
- SQL using Python | Set 3 (Handling large data)
- Multidimensional data analysis in Python
- Working with Binary Data in Python
- Python IDEs For Data Science
- Data profiling in Pandas using Python
- Python | Titanic Data EDA using Seaborn
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.