1. Redis :
Redis stands for Remote Dictionary Server which is an in-memory data structure project implementing a distributed, in-memory key-value database with optional durability. Redis was developed by Redis labs and initially released on May 10, 2009. It is written in ANSI and C languages. Redis offers memory efficiency, fast operating speed, high availability and provides some features like tenability, replication, clustering, etc.
2. MySQL :
MySQL is an open-source relational database management system (RDBMS) based on Structured Query Language (SQL). It is developed and managed by oracle corporation and initially released on 23 may, 1995. It is widely being used in many small and large scale industrial applications and capable of handling a large volume of data.
Difference between Redis and MySQL :
|1.||It was developed by Redis labs and initially released on May 10, 2009.||It was developed by Oracle and released on May 1995.|
|2.||It is written in ANSI and C languages.||It is written in C and C++.|
|3.||The primary database model for Redis is Key-Value Store.||The primary database model for MySQL is Relational DBMS.|
|4.||It is Data Schema free.||In MySQL Data Schema is fixed.|
|5.||It does not support XML data format.||It supports XML data format.|
|6.||It supports secondary indexes with RediSearch module only.||It supports secondary indexes without any restrictions.|
|7.||It has no Triggers.||It supports Triggers.|
|8.||It does not provide the concept of Referential Integrity. Hence, no Foreign Keys.||It provides concept of Referential Integrity and have Foreign keys.|
|9.||Server operating systems for Redis are BDS, Linux, OS X and Windows.||Server operating systems for MySQL are FreeBSD, Linux, OS X, Solaris, Windows.|
|10.||Famous companies like Twinkl Educational Publishing, Merrill Corporation, ASOS.com Limited, Owler, Inc., etc use Redis.||Famous companies like Airbnb, Pinterest, Slack, Udemy, Twitter, etc uses MySQL.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Redis and MongoDB
- Difference between Redis and Memcached
- Difference between Redis and MariaDB
- Difference between Redis and MS SQL Server
- Difference between Cassandra and Redis
- Difference between CouchDB and Redis
- Difference between Couchbase and Redis
- Difference between Redis and IBM Db2
- Difference between Neo4j and Redis
- MySQL | Common MySQL Queries
- Difference between MySQL and MS SQL Server
- Difference between MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Difference between MySQL and SQLite
- Difference Between MySQL and MariaDB
- Difference between Cassandra and MySQL
- Difference between Alibaba Cloud AnalyticDB for MySQL and Amazon Neptune
- Difference between MySQL and dBASE
- Difference between CouchDB and MySQL
- Difference between Couchbase and MySQL
- Difference between Derby and MySQL
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.