In this post, we are going to implement an easy to build calculator using jQuery and using eval() function. For the sake of simplicity, our calculator will only take input from the buttons on the screen only.
- Developing the Calculator face:
Here, we will make use of bootstrap to save time developing the calculator face. The following are the requirements that are needed to be fulfilled while doing the same:
- Primary (Expression) Screen
- Secondary (Result) Screen
- Input buttons : Numbers, operators for evaluation etc.
- Implement functionality of expression screen:
Now we will implement the following steps accordingly for expression screen to work fine:
- Adding button’s value when the screen is pressed.
- Implementing backspace for input.
- Clear expression screen (AC)
- Evaluate the result:
For this we need to add the following steps in sequenced manner:
- Extract the value of expression screen.
- Evaluate the expression screen.
- Report errors in the output(if any)
- Clear expression screen and append the output on the result screen.
- Whenever, other input button is used, clear both the primary and secondary screen.
- With Error: (Not a valid expression since multiply sign was needed for operation)
- Without Error:
- JQuery | How to implement Star-Rating system using RateYo
- How to Design Image Slider using jQuery ?
- HTML | Calculator
- ReactJS | Calculator App ( Styling )
- ReactJS | Calculator App ( Building UI )
- ReactJS | Calculator App ( Introduction )
- ReactJS | Calculator App ( Structure )
- HTML | Scientific Calculator
- ReactJS | Calculator App ( Adding Functionality )
- jQuery | jQuery.support Property
- jQuery | jQuery.fx.interval Property with example
- jQuery | jquery Property
- jQuery | jQuery.fx.off Property
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.