The CSS break-before property is used to mention page break, region break, or column break should occur before the element or not. This property is ignored, if there is no generated box.
break-before: Generic break values;
break-before: Page break values;
break-before: Column break values;
break-before: Region break values;
break-before: Global values;
Property values: This property accepts the property values mentioned above and described below.
- Generic break values: This property refers to the values defined by auto, avoid, always, all,etc.
- Page break values: This property refers to the values defined by page, avoid-page, left, right, recto, verso, etc.
- Column break values: This property refers to the values defined by column, avoid-column, etc.
- Region break values: This property refers to the values defined by region, avoid-region, etc.
- Global values: This property refers to the values defined by inherit, initial, unset, etc.
Example: Below is the example which illustrates the use of break-before property
- Firefox (Partially Supported)
- Safari (Partially Supported)
- Internet Explorer
- CSS | transition-property Property
- How to override the CSS properties of a class using another CSS class ?
- Difference between bootstrap.css and bootstrap-theme.css
- CSS | table-layout Property
- CSS | text-align Property
- CSS | border-top-width Property
- CSS | isolation Property
- CSS | border-inline-start-style Property
- CSS | column-rule-width Property
- CSS | word-spacing Property
- CSS | animation-delay Property
- CSS | margin-top Property
- CSS | border radius property
- CSS | grid Property
- CSS | font-size-adjust Property
- CSS | visibility Property
- CSS | Display property
- CSS | grid-template-columns Property
- CSS | height Property
- CSS | transform-origin Property
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.