The Java.util.concurrent.ConcurrentLinkedDeque.toArray() method returns an array containing all the elements in the deque in proper sequence i.e. from first to last. The returned array will be safe as a new array is created (hence new memory is allocated). Thus the caller is free to modify the array. It acts as a bridge between array-based and collection-based APIs.
public Object toArray()
Parameters:It does not take in any parameter.
Return Value:It returns an array containing all the elements in the deque.
Below examples illustrates the ConcurrentLinkedDeque.toArray() method:
// Java Program Demonstrate toArray()
// method of ConcurrentLinkedDeque
// create object of ConcurrentLinkedDeque
// Add numbers to end of ConcurrentLinkedDeque
Object a = deque.toArray();
"Returned Array: "
ConcurrentLinkedDeque: [7855642, 35658786, 5278367, 74381793] Returned Array: [7855642, 35658786, 5278367, 74381793]
The toArray(arr) method method of ConcurrentLinkedDeque class in Java is used to form an array of the same elements as that of the ConcurrentLinkedDeque. It returns an array containing all of the elements in this ConcurrentLinkedDeque in the correct order; the run-time type of the returned array is that of the specified array. If the ConcurrentLinkedDeque fits in the specified array, it is returned therein. Otherwise, a new array is allocated with the run time type of the specified array and the size of this ConcurrentLinkedDeque.
If the ConcurrentLinkedDeque fits in the specified array with room to spare (i.e., the array has more elements than the ConcurrentLinkedDeque), the element in the array immediately following the end of the ConcurrentLinkedDeque is deque to null. (This is useful in determining the length of the ConcurrentLinkedDeque only if the caller knows that the ConcurrentLinkedDeque does not contain any null elements.)
public <T> T toArray(T a)
Parameters: The method accepts one parameter arr which is the array into which the elements of the ConcurrentLinkedDeque are to be stored, if it is big enough; otherwise, a new array of the same runtime type is allocated for this purpose.
Return Value: The method returns an array containing the elements similar to the ConcurrentLinkedDeque.
Exception: The method might throw two types of exception:
- ArrayStoreException: When the mentioned array is of the different type and is not able to compare with the elements mentioned in the ConcurrentLinkedDeque.
- NullPointerException: If the array is Null, then this exception is thrown.
Below program illustrates the working of the ConcurrentLinkedDeque.toArray(arr) method.
Program 1: When array is of the size of ConcurrentLinkedDeque
// Java code to illustrate toArray(arr)
// Creating an empty ConcurrentLinkedDeque
// Use add() method to add
// elements into the ConcurrentLinkedDeque
// Displaying the ConcurrentLinkedDeque
"The ConcurrentLinkedDeque: "
// Creating the array and using toArray()
String arr =
arr = deque.toArray(arr);
// Displaying arr
"Returned Array: "
The ConcurrentLinkedDeque: [Welcome, To, Geeks, For, Geeks] Returned Array: [Welcome, To, Geeks, For, Geeks]
My Personal Notes arrow_drop_up
- ConcurrentLinkedDeque add() method in Java
- ConcurrentLinkedDeque hashCode() method in Java with Example
- ConcurrentLinkedDeque pollLast() method in Java
- ConcurrentLinkedDeque addLast() method in Java
- ConcurrentLinkedDeque getLast() Method in Java
- ConcurrentLinkedDeque offerLast() Method in Java
- ConcurrentLinkedDeque getFirst() method in Java
- ConcurrentLinkedDeque peekLast() method in Java
- ConcurrentLinkedDeque equals() method in Java with Example
- ConcurrentLinkedDeque addFirst() method in Java
- ConcurrentLinkedDeque contains() method in Java with Examples
- ConcurrentLinkedDeque size() method in Java
- ConcurrentLinkedDeque descendingIterator() method in Java with Example
- ConcurrentLinkedDeque peekFirst() method in Java
- ConcurrentLinkedDeque iterator() method in Java with Example
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
- Polymorphism in Java
- How to Become A Successful Java Developer?
- Java program to check whether a string is a Palindrome
- What is the Role of Java in the IT Industry?
- Introduction to Spring Boot
- Print characters and their frequencies in order of occurrence using a LinkedHashMap in Java
- What are the main differences between the Java platform and other platforms?
- How many types of memory areas are allocated by JVM?
- 5 Most Common Java Pitfalls
- Count of words ending at the given suffix in Java
- How to convert an Array to String in Java?
- Maximum element in an array such that its previous and next element product is maximum
- Check whether array has all identical elements using Arrays.asList() and HashSet in Java
- How to call private method from another class in Java with help of Reflection API?
- Difference between Anonymous Inner Class and Lambda Expression
- What is Slipped Condition in Multi-threading?
- Go vs Java
- Java.lang.Short toString() method in Java with Examples
- Find the count of M character words which have at least one character repeated
- Add the given digit to a number stored in a linked list using recursion
- Generalization and Specialization in Java
- Android | How to Request permissions in Android Application?
- How String Hashcode value is calculated?
- Java.util.concurrent.RecursiveAction class in Java with Examples
- Java.util.concurrent.RecursiveTask class in Java with Examples
- Java.util.function.IntPredicate interface in Java with Examples
- How to implement SQL GROUP BY in Java?
- Java.util.concurrent.ExecutorService interface with Examples
- Java.util.function.BiPredicate interface in Java with Examples
- How to convert a String to an Int in Java?