The Java.util.concurrent.ConcurrentLinkedDeque.toArray() method returns an array containing all the elements in the deque in proper sequence i.e. from first to last. The returned array will be safe as a new array is created (hence new memory is allocated). Thus the caller is free to modify the array. It acts as a bridge between array-based and collection-based APIs.
public Object toArray()
Parameters:It does not take in any parameter.
Return Value:It returns an array containing all the elements in the deque.
Below examples illustrates the ConcurrentLinkedDeque.toArray() method:
// Java Program Demonstrate toArray()
// method of ConcurrentLinkedDeque
// create object of ConcurrentLinkedDeque
// Add numbers to end of ConcurrentLinkedDeque
Object a = deque.toArray();
"Returned Array: "
ConcurrentLinkedDeque: [7855642, 35658786, 5278367, 74381793] Returned Array: [7855642, 35658786, 5278367, 74381793]
The toArray(arr) method method of ConcurrentLinkedDeque class in Java is used to form an array of the same elements as that of the ConcurrentLinkedDeque. It returns an array containing all of the elements in this ConcurrentLinkedDeque in the correct order; the run-time type of the returned array is that of the specified array. If the ConcurrentLinkedDeque fits in the specified array, it is returned therein. Otherwise, a new array is allocated with the run time type of the specified array and the size of this ConcurrentLinkedDeque.
If the ConcurrentLinkedDeque fits in the specified array with room to spare (i.e., the array has more elements than the ConcurrentLinkedDeque), the element in the array immediately following the end of the ConcurrentLinkedDeque is deque to null. (This is useful in determining the length of the ConcurrentLinkedDeque only if the caller knows that the ConcurrentLinkedDeque does not contain any null elements.)
public <T> T toArray(T a)
Parameters: The method accepts one parameter arr which is the array into which the elements of the ConcurrentLinkedDeque are to be stored, if it is big enough; otherwise, a new array of the same runtime type is allocated for this purpose.
Return Value: The method returns an array containing the elements similar to the ConcurrentLinkedDeque.
Exception: The method might throw two types of exception:
- ArrayStoreException: When the mentioned array is of the different type and is not able to compare with the elements mentioned in the ConcurrentLinkedDeque.
- NullPointerException: If the array is Null, then this exception is thrown.
Below program illustrates the working of the ConcurrentLinkedDeque.toArray(arr) method.
Program 1: When array is of the size of ConcurrentLinkedDeque
// Java code to illustrate toArray(arr)
// Creating an empty ConcurrentLinkedDeque
// Use add() method to add
// elements into the ConcurrentLinkedDeque
// Displaying the ConcurrentLinkedDeque
"The ConcurrentLinkedDeque: "
// Creating the array and using toArray()
String arr =
arr = deque.toArray(arr);
// Displaying arr
"Returned Array: "
The ConcurrentLinkedDeque: [Welcome, To, Geeks, For, Geeks] Returned Array: [Welcome, To, Geeks, For, Geeks]
My Personal Notes arrow_drop_up
- ConcurrentLinkedDeque add() method in Java
- ConcurrentLinkedDeque iterator() method in Java with Example
- ConcurrentLinkedDeque pollFirst() method in Java
- ConcurrentLinkedDeque addFirst() method in Java
- ConcurrentLinkedDeque peekLast() method in Java
- ConcurrentLinkedDeque getLast() Method in Java
- ConcurrentLinkedDeque descendingIterator() method in Java with Example
- ConcurrentLinkedDeque size() method in Java
- ConcurrentLinkedDeque equals() method in Java with Example
- ConcurrentLinkedDeque addLast() method in Java
- ConcurrentLinkedDeque getFirst() method in Java
- ConcurrentLinkedDeque offerLast() Method in Java
- ConcurrentLinkedDeque offerFirst() method in Java
- ConcurrentLinkedDeque pollLast() method in Java
- ConcurrentLinkedDeque contains() method in Java with Examples
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
- Polymorphism in Java
- How to Become A Successful Java Developer?
- Spring Dependency Injection with Example
- Message Passing in Java
- Java program to check whether a string is a Palindrome
- Count occurrences of a given character using Regex in Java
- Recursion in Java
- What is the Role of Java in the IT Industry?
- Differences between Interface and Class in Java
- ClassLoader in Java
- Difference between while and do-while loop in C, C++, Java
- Different ways for String to Integer Conversions in Java
- Introduction to Spring Boot
- Print characters and their frequencies in order of occurrence using a LinkedHashMap in Java
- Properties getOrDefault(key, defaultValue) method in Java with Examples
- Count occurrence of a given character in a string using Stream API in Java
- Integer.valueOf() vs Integer.parseInt() with Examples
- What are the main differences between the Java platform and other platforms?
- The complete History of Java Programming Language
- How many types of memory areas are allocated by JVM?
- Top 10 Reasons to Learn Java
- Stream ofNullable(T) method in Java with examples
- 5 Most Common Java Pitfalls
- Count of words ending at the given suffix in Java
- Mphasis Interview Experience
- Java.util.concurrent.Phaser class in Java with Examples
- Number of character corrections in the given strings to make them equal
- Argument vs Parameter in Java
- Maximum element in an array such that its previous and next element product is maximum
- Check whether array has all identical elements using Arrays.asList() and HashSet in Java