ChronoZonedDateTime minus(long, TemporalUnit) method in Java with Examples
minus() method of a ChronoZonedDateTime interface used to Returns a copy of this date-time with the specified amount of unit subtracted.If it is not possible to subtract the amount, because the unit is not supported or for some other reason, an exception is thrown.
default ChronoZonedDateTime minus(long amountToSubtract, TemporalUnit unit)
Parameters: This method accepts two parameters:
- amountToSubtract: which is the amount of the unit to subtract to the result, may be negative
- unit: which is the unit of the amount to subtract.
Return value: This method returns ChronoZonedDateTime based on this date-time with the specified amount subtracted.
Exception: This method throws following Exceptions:
- DateTimeException: if the subtraction cannot be made,
- UnsupportedTemporalTypeException: if the unit is not supported.
- ArithmeticException: if numeric overflow occurs.
Below programs illustrate the minus() method:
ChronoZonedDateTime after subtracting Months: 2016-06-06T19:21:12.123+05:30[Asia/Calcutta]