minus(long, TemporalUnit) method of a ChronoLocalDate interface used to Returns a copy of this ChronoLocalDate with the specified amount of unit subtracted to ChronoLocalDate.If it is not possible to subtract the amount, because the unit is not supported or for some other reason, an exception is thrown.
public ChronoLocalDate minus(long amountToSubtract, TemporalUnit unit)
Parameters: This method accepts two parameters:
- amountToSubtract: which is the amount of the unit to subtract to the result, may be negative
- unit: which is the unit of the amount to subtract.
Return value: This method returns ChronoLocalDate based on this date-time with the specified amount subtracted.
Exception: This method throws following Exceptions:
- DateTimeException: if the subtraction cannot be made
- UnsupportedTemporalTypeException: if the unit is not supported
- ArithmeticException: if numeric overflow occurs
Below programs illustrate the minus() method:
ChronoLocalDate after subtracting Months: 2006-12-06
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important Java Foundation and Collections concepts with the Fundamentals of Java and Java Collections Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course.