Given a string S, the task is to check if S contains a pair of substrings of length K which are anagrams of each other and doesn’t contain the character X in them. If no such substring exists, print -1.
Input: S = “geeksforgeeks”, X = ‘f’, K = 5
Output: geeks geeks
Substrings “geeks” and “geeks” are anagrams of each other and does not contain ‘f’.
Input: S = “rotator”, X = ‘a’, K = 3
Output: rot tor
Substrings “rot” and “tor” are anagrams of each other and does not contain ‘a’.
The idea is to generate prefix sum on the basis of characters. Follow the steps below to solve the problem:
- Iterate over the string and genertae frequencies of substrings by using the prefix sum array.
- If a substring with same frequency of characters is already present in the HashMap.
- Otherwise, store the frequency of characters of the substring with the current substring in the HashMap, if the frequency of the character X in the substring is 0.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Time Complexity: O(N*26)
Auxiliary Space: O(N*26)
- Count of numbers in a range that does not contain the digit M and which is divisible by M.
- Print a closest string that does not contain adjacent duplicates
- Count the nodes of a tree whose weighted string does not contain any duplicate characters
- Next word that does not contain a palindrome and has characters from first k
- DFA that begins with 'a' but does not contain substring 'aab'
- Minimum Cost of deletions such that string does not contains same consecutive characters
- Count subsequences in first string which are anagrams of the second string
- Check if two strings are k-anagrams or not
- Check if all levels of two trees are anagrams or not
- Check if there exists a permutation of given string which doesn't contain any monotonous substring
- Pairs of strings which on concatenating contains each character of "string"
- Check if a string contains a palindromic sub-string of even length
- Length of the longest substring that do not contain any palindrome
- Check if frequency of character in one string is a factor or multiple of frequency of same character in other string
- Lexicographically smallest and largest anagrams of a string containing another string as its substring
- Largest number from the longest set of anagrams possible from all perfect squares of length K
- Count of substrings which contains a given character K times
- Minimum K such that every substring of length atleast K contains a character c
- Check if a binary string contains all permutations of length k
- Check if a binary string contains consecutive same or not
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : nidhi_biet