C# | TextBox Controls
In Windows forms, TextBox plays an important role. With the help of TextBox, the user can enter data in the application, it can be of a single line or of multiple lines. The TextBox is a class and it is defined under System.Windows.Forms namespace. In C#, you can create a TextBox in two different ways: 1. Design-Time: It is the simplest way to create a TextBox as shown in the following steps:
- Step 1: Create a windows form. As shown in the below image: Visual Studio -> File -> New -> Project -> WindowsFormApp
- Step 2: Drag the TextBox control from the ToolBox and drop it on the windows form. You can place TextBox anywhere on the windows form according to your need.
- Step 3: After drag and drop you will go to the properties of the TextBox control to modify the TextBox design according to your requirement.
2. Run-Time: It is a little bit trickier than the above method. In this method, you can create your own textbox using the TextBox class.
- Step 1 : Create a textbox using the TextBox() constructor provided by the TextBox class.
// Creating textbox TextBox Mytextbox = new TextBox();
- Step 2 : After creating TextBox, set the properties of the TextBox provided by the TextBox class.
// Set location of the textbox Mytextbox.Location = new Point(187, 51); // Set background color of the textbox Mytextbox.BackColor = Color.LightGray; // Set the foreground color of the textbox Mytextbox.ForeColor = Color.DarkOliveGreen; // Set the size of the textbox Mytextbox.AutoSize = true; // Set the name of the textbox Mytextbox.Name = "text_box1";
- Step 3 : And last add this textbox control to form using Add() method.
// Add this textbox to form this.Controls.Add(Mytextbox);
My Personal Notes arrow_drop_up
Please Login to comment...