The BitArray class manages a compact array of bit values, which are represented as Booleans, where true indicates that the bit is on i.e, 1 and false indicates the bit is off i.e, 0. This class is contained in System.Collections namespace.
BitArray.Set(Int32, Boolean) method is used to set the bit at a specific position in the BitArray to the specified value.
- The BitArray class is a collection class in which the capacity is always the same as the count.
- Elements are added to a BitArray by increasing the Length property.
- Elements are deleted by decreasing the Length property.
- Elements in this collection can be accessed using an integer index. Indexes in this collection are zero-based.
public void Set (int index, bool value);
index : The zero-based index of the bit to set.
value : The Boolean value to assign to the bit.
Exception: This method will give ArgumentOutOfRangeException if the index is less than zero or the index is greater than or equal to the number of elements in the BitArray.
Note: This method is an O(1) operation.
Below programs illustrate the use of BitArray.Set(Int32, Boolean) Method:
Initially the bits are as : False False False False False Finally the bits are as : False False False True False
Initially the bits are as : False True True False True Finally the bits are as : False True False True True
- C# | Get value of the bit at a specific position in BitArray
- C# | Gets or sets the value of the bit at a specific position in the BitArray
- C# | Set all bits in the BitArray to the specified value
- C# | BitArray Class
- C# | Inverting all bit values in BitArray
- C# | Enumerator that iterates through the BitArray
- C# | Bitwise AND between the elements of BitArray
- C# | Check if the BitArray is read-only
- C# | Get or set the number of elements in the BitArray
- C# | Copying BitArray elements to an Array
- BitArray.LeftShift() Method in C# with Examples
- BitArray.RightShift() Method in C# with Examples
- C# | Bitwise OR operation between the elements of BitArray
- How to create a shallow copy of BitArray in C#
- C# | Number of elements contained in the BitArray
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.