An array is a collection of items stored at contiguous memory locations. In this article, we will see how to insert an element in an array in C#.
Let’s say we have an array and we want to insert an element at a specific position in this array.
Here’s how to do it.
- First get the element to be inserted, say x
- Then get the position at which this element is to be inserted, say pos
- Create a new array with the size one greater than the previous size
- Copy all the elements from previous array into the new array till the position pos
- Insert the element x at position pos
- Insert the rest of the elements from the previous array into the new array after the pos
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 1 2 3 4 50 5 6 7 8 9 10
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.