Hashtable.Contains(Object) Method is used to check whether the Hashtable contains a specific key or not.
public virtual bool Contains (object key);
Here, key is the Key of Object type which is to be located in the Hashtable.
Return Value: This method returns true if the Hashtable contains an element with the specified key otherwise returns false.
Exception: This method will give ArgumentNullException if the key is null.
- Hashtable.ContainsKey(Object) Method is also used to check whether the Hashtable contains a specific key or not. This method behaves same as Contains() method.
- Contains method implements IDictionary.Contains. It behaves exactly as ContainsKey and this method is an O(1) operation.
Below programs illustrate the use of above-discussed method:
System.ArgumentNullException: Key cannot be null.
Parameter name: key
- C# | Check if the Hashtable contains a specific Key
- C# | Check if the Hashtable contains a specific Value
- C# | Check if a Hashtable is equal to another Hashtable
- C# | Check if Hashtable is read-only
- C# | Check if Hashtable has a fixed size
- C# | Check if Hashtable is synchronized (thread safe)
- C# | Check the HybridDictionary for a specific key
- C# | Check if the StringDictionary contains a specific value
- C# | Check if ListDictionary contains a specific key
- C# | Check if the StringDictionary contains a specific key
- C# | Check if OrderedDictionary collection contains a specific key
- C# | Check whether a SortedList object contains a specific key
- C# | Check if a SortedList object contains a specific value
- C# | Check if the SortedSet contains a specific element
- C# | Get or Set the value associated with specified key in Hashtable
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.