Please refer below post before reading about AVL tree handling of duplicates.
This is to augment AVL tree node to store count together with regular fields like key, left and right pointers.
Insertion of keys 12, 10, 20, 9, 11, 10, 12, 12 in an empty Binary Search Tree would create following.
12(3) / \ 10(2) 20(1) / \ 9(1) 11(1)
Count of a key is shown in bracket
Below is implementation of normal AVL Tree with count with every key. This code basically is taken from code for insert and delete in AVL tree. The changes made for handling duplicates are highlighted, rest of the code is same.
The important thing to note is changes are very similar to simple Binary Search Tree changes.
Pre order traversal of the constructed AVL tree is 9(2) 5(2) 7(1) 10(1) 17(1) Pre order traversal after deletion of 9 9(1) 5(2) 7(1) 10(1) 17(1)
Thanks to Rounaq Jhunjhunu Wala for sharing initial code. Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above
- Find All Duplicate Subtrees
- Duplicate subtree in Binary Tree | SET 2
- Check if a Binary Tree (not BST) has duplicate values
- Check if a Binary Tree contains duplicate subtrees of size 2 or more
- BST to a Tree with sum of all smaller keys
- Print BST keys in the given range
- Count the nodes of a tree whose weighted string does not contain any duplicate characters
- Find Maximum Level Sum in Binary Tree using Recursion
- Minimum distance to visit all the nodes of an undirected weighted tree
- Calculate height of Binary Tree using Inorder and Level Order Traversal
- Print odd positioned nodes of even levels in level order of the given binary tree
- Print even positioned nodes of odd levels in level order of the given binary tree
- Print odd positioned nodes of odd levels in level order of the given binary tree
- Delete the last leaf node in a Binary Tree