Textarea elements provide validation and basic state control. Attribute ng-model makes reference to text-directive. The current state of textarea elements is held by Angular JS.
Listed below are the states of Textarea directive:
- $touched: It signifies a touched field.
- $ untouched: It signifies an untouched field.
- $valid: It signifies valid field content.
- $invalid: It signifies invalid field content.
- $dirty: It signifies a modification in field content.
- $pristine: It signifies unmodified field content.
Classes are used to style Textarea elements depending on the state they hold. The ng-model attribute is used to make reference to text-directive.
Listed below are the commonly used classes:
- ng-touched: It signifies class applied on the touched field.
- ng-untouched: It signifies class applied on the untouched field.
- ng-valid: It signifies class applied on valid field content.
- ng-invalid: It signifies class used for invalid field content.
- ng-pristine: It signifies class used for the state having a modification in the field.
- ng-dirty: It signifies class used with unmodified field content.
Return Value: It returns the text, user has entered in the text-field.
Browser Support: Following browsers support texarea directive.
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
- AngularJS | ng-if Directive
- AngularJS | ng-value Directive
- AngularJS | ng-src Directive
- AngularJS | ng-app Directive
- AngularJS | ng-cut Directive
- AngularJS | Directive
- AngularJS | ng-jq Directive
- AngularJS | ng-csp Directive
- AngularJS | ng-non-bindable Directive
- AngularJS | ng-selected Directive
- AngularJS | ng-open Directive
- AngularJS | ng-options Directive
- AngularJS | ng-readonly Directive
- AngularJS | ng-mouseleave Directive
- AngularJS | ng-controller Directive
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.