This interview was for the SDE-2 position for logistic management department of amazon. I had applied for this job on naukari.com.
There was an online codding test on Hackerearth. Two questions were asked. I don’t remember them now.
After two weeks they scheduled a telephonic round.
Question 1: Given a matrix of ‘0’ and ‘1’, find the largest Iceland (i.e area of ‘1’s)
I had given solutions for the both.
Round 3 :
This was onsite interview at Hyderabad.
First he asked about my past projects and challenges faced. He then asked if I had designed anything on top of current a system.
Next a technical question was given;
I first gave him a two queue approach(was not optimal), he told to code it on paper. After I wrote the code, he asked to optimize it further. Finally after few iterations, I gave him an optimal two pointer approach.
My suggestion here is; do not hurry to present your solution to interviewer, first try to come-up with best optimal solution. For SDE-2 positions they expect optimal solution at the very first place from you.
Round 4 :
This was all project and HLD related round.
There were two interviewers. The first introduced themselves and told about what their group does at amazon.
He then asked about my role at previous company and past projects I did in brief. Then asked if I have done something like adding new functionality or suggested some improvement for the project that was not asked by customer or manager.
He then asked me to draw HLD for meeting calendar system. Then there was discussion on various issues on it like scalability, what database should be used; SQL-NoSQL, concurrency etc.
All the best guys!
- Amazon Interview experience | Set 324 (For SDE2)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 430 (For SDE2)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 381 (For SDE2)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 154 (For SDE2)
- Amazon Interview Experience SDE2
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 431 (For SDE2)
- Amazon Interview Experience for SDE2
- Interview Experience of Amazon - SDE2
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 260 (For SDE2)
- Amazon Interview Experience for SDE2 (3 years exp)
- Amazon Interview Experience for SDE2 | 3+ years Experienced
- Walmart Interview Experience for SDE2 | Set 19 (3.8 years experience)
- Traveloka Interview Experience for SDE2
- Interview Experience for SDE2 at OneDirect
- Flipkart Interview Experience for SDE2 (2.5 yr Exp.)
- Flipkart Interview Experience | Set 28 (For SDE2)
- OYO Rooms Interview Experience | Set 5 (For SDE2)
- ixigo Interview Experience | For SDE2 Backend
- PharmEasy Interview Experience | SDE2 - Bangalore
- Groupon Interview Experience | Set 4 (SDE2 for Experienced)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.