The wcsstr() function is defined in cwchar.h header file. The wcsstr() function finds the first occurrence of a source in a destination string.
wchar_t* wcsstr(const wchar_t* dest, const wchar_t* src);
Parameter: This method accepts the following parameters:
- src: It represents the pointer to the null terminating wide string to be search for.
- dest: It represents the pointer to the null terminating wide string in which we have to search.
Return Value: The return value of this method depeneds on:
- If src is not found than it returns NULL
- If src points to an empty string then destination is return
- If the src is found, the wcsstr() function returns the pointer to the first wide character of the src in dest.
Below program illustrate the above function:
Example 1: When the source is not found, null is returned
Example 2: When the source is empty, destination string is returned
Geeks Are Geeks
Example 3: When the source is found, the destination from the source is returned.