The Java.util.LinkedList.lastIndexOf(Object element) method is used to check and find the occurrence of a particular element in the list. If the element is present in the list then the lastIndexOf() method returns the index of last occurrence of the element otherwise it returns -1. This method is used to find the last occurrence of a particular element in a LinkedList.
Parameters: The parameter element is of type LinkedList. It refers to the element whose last occurrence is required to be checked.
Return Value: The method returns the position of the last occurrence of the element in the list otherwise if the element is not present in the list then the method returns -1. The returned value is of integer type.
Below program illustrate the Java.util.LinkedList.lastIndexOf() method:
LinkedList:[Geeks, for, Geeks, 10, 20] Last occurrence of Geeks is at index: 2 Last occurrence of 10 is at index: 3
- Java.util.LinkedList.indexOf(), lastIndexof() in Java
- CopyOnWriteArrayList lastIndexOf() method in Java
- Stack lastIndexOf() method in Java with Example
- Vector lastIndexOf() Method in Java
- AbstractSequentialList lastIndexOf() method in Java with Example
- Stack lastIndexOf(Object, int) method in Java with Example
- AbstractList lastIndexOf() method in Java with Examples
- List lastIndexOf() Method in Java with Examples
- Java.lang.String.lastIndexOf() Method
- StringBuffer lastIndexOf() method in Java with Examples
- StringBuilder lastIndexOf() method in Java with Examples
- Java Guava | Floats.lastIndexOf() method with Examples
- Java Guava | Doubles.lastIndexOf() method with Examples
- Java Guava | Booleans.lastIndexOf() method with Examples
- Java Guava | Bytes.lastIndexOf() method with Examples
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.