A Kaprekar number is a number whose square when divided into two parts and such that sum of parts is equal to the original number and none of the parts has value 0. (Source : Wiki)
Given a number, the task is to check if it is Kaprekar number or not.
Input : n = 45 Output : Yes Explanation : 452 = 2025 and 20 + 25 is 45 Input : n = 13 Output : No Explanation : 132 = 169. Neither 16 + 9 nor 1 + 69 is equal to 13 Input : n = 297 Output : Yes Explanation: 2972 = 88209 and 88 + 209 is 297 Input : n = 10 Output : No Explanation: 102 = 100. It is not a Kaprekar number even if sum of 100 + 0 is 100. This is because of the condition that none of the parts should have value 0.
- Find square of n and count number of digits in square.
- Split square at different positions and see if sum of two parts in any split becomes equal to n.
Below is implementation of the idea.
Printing first few Kaprekar Numbers using iskaprekar() 1 9 45 55 99 297 703 999 2223 2728 4879 4950 5050 5292 7272 7777 9999
This article is contributed by Sahil Chhabra(KILLER). If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Kaprekar Constant
- Count number of trailing zeros in Binary representation of a number using Bitset
- Find minimum number to be divided to make a number a perfect square
- Count number of triplets with product equal to given number with duplicates allowed
- Given number of matches played, find number of teams in tournament
- Number of times the largest perfect square number can be subtracted from N
- Number of possible permutations when absolute difference between number of elements to the right and left are given
- Program to Convert Octal Number to Binary Number
- Find the smallest number whose digits multiply to a given number n
- Number of times a number can be replaced by the sum of its digits until it only contains one digit
- Build Lowest Number by Removing n digits from a given number
- Count number of ways to divide a number in 4 parts
- Count Number of animals in a zoo from given number of head and legs
- Find the total number of composite factor for a given number
- Program to calculate the number of odd days in given number of years
Improved By : Mithun Kumar