Prerequisite : BigInteger Basics
The probablePrime() method will return a Biginteger of bitLength bits which is prime. bitLength is provided as parameter to method probablePrime() and method will return a prime BigInteger of bitLength bits. The probability that a BigInteger returned by this method is composite and does not exceed 2^-100.
public static BigInteger probablePrime(int bitLength, Random rnd)
Parameters: This method accepts two parameters as shown in the above syntax and described below.
- bitLength – bitLength of the returned BigInteger.
- rnd – source of random bits used to select candidates to be tested for primality.
Return Value: This method returns a BigInteger of bitLength bits that is probably prime.
- ArithmeticException – if bitLength < 2.
Below program illustrate the probablePrime() method:
ProbablePrime whose bit length is 4 = 13
- Java lang.Long.builtcount() method in Java with Examples
- Java lang.Long.numberOfTrailingZeros() method in Java with Examples
- Java lang.Long.lowestOneBit() method in Java with Examples
- Java lang.Long.numberOfLeadingZeros() method in Java with Examples
- Java lang.Long.reverse() method in Java with Examples
- Java lang.Long.byteValue() method in Java with Examples
- Java lang.Long.highestOneBit() method in Java with Examples
- Java.lang.Short toString() method in Java with Examples
- Java.util.Collections.disjoint() Method in java with Examples
- Java.util.Collections.rotate() Method in Java with Examples
- Java.util.ArrayList.addall() method in Java
- Java.math.BigInteger.modInverse() method in Java
- Java 8 | ArrayDeque removeIf() method in Java with Examples
- Java Clock tickMinutes() method in Java with Examples
- Java Clock withZone() method in Java with Examples
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.