atan2() is an inbuilt method in Java which is used to return the theta component from polar coordinate. The atan2() method returns a numeric value between – and representing the angle of a (x, y) point and positive x-axis. It is the counterclockwise angle, measured in radian, between the positive X-axis, and the point (x, y).
Math.atan2(double y, double x) where, x and y are X and Y coordinates in double data type.
It returns a double value. The double value is from polar coordinate (r, theta).
Example : Program demonstrating the atan2() method
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important Java and Collections concepts with the Fundamentals of Java and Java Collections Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Java.util.BitSet class methods in Java with Examples | Set 2
- Java.Lang.Float class in Java
- Java.io.BufferedInputStream class in Java
- Java.io.ObjectInputStream Class in Java | Set 1
- Java.util.BitSet class in Java with Examples | Set 1
- Java.io.File Class in Java
- Java.io.BufferedWriter class methods in Java
- Java.io.DataOutputStream in Java
- Java.io.StreamTokenizer Class in Java | Set 1
- Java.io.InputStream Class in Java
- Java.io.SequenceInputStream in Java
- Java.io.StreamTokenizer Class in Java | Set 2
- Java.io.Console class in Java
- Java.io.FilterOutputStream Class in Java
- Java.io.StringWriter class in Java
- Java.io.CharArrayReader Class in Java
- Java.io.FileInputStream Class in Java
- Java.io.CharArrayWriter class in Java | Set 1
- Java.io.CharArrayWriter class in Java | Set 2
- Java.io.DataInputStream class in Java | Set 1
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.