atan2() is an inbuilt method in Java which is used to return the theta component from polar coordinate. The atan2() method returns a numeric value between – and representing the angle of a (x, y) point and positive x-axis. It is the counterclockwise angle, measured in radian, between the positive X-axis, and the point (x, y).
Math.atan2(double y, double x) where, x and y are X and Y coordinates in double data type.
It returns a double value. The double value is from polar coordinate (r, theta).
Example : Program demonstrating the atan2() method
- Java.util.LinkedList.poll(), pollFirst(), pollLast() with examples in Java
- Java.util.concurrent.RecursiveAction class in Java with Examples
- Java.util.Collections.rotate() Method in Java with Examples
- Java.util.concurrent.Phaser class in Java with Examples
- Java.util.concurrent.RecursiveTask class in Java with Examples
- Java.lang.Short toString() method in Java with Examples
- Java.util.LinkedList.offer(), offerFirst(), offerLast() in Java
- Java.util.LinkedList.peek() , peekfirst(), peeklast() in Java
- Java lang.Long.reverse() method in Java with Examples
- Java lang.Long.builtcount() method in Java with Examples
- Java lang.Long.lowestOneBit() method in Java with Examples
- Java lang.Long.byteValue() method in Java with Examples
- Java.util.BitSet class methods in Java with Examples | Set 2
- Java lang.Long.numberOfLeadingZeros() method in Java with Examples
- Java lang.Long.numberOfTrailingZeros() method in Java with Examples
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.