Hashtable.Clone Method is used to create a shallow copy of the Hashtable. When we make a shallow copy, only the elements of the collection get copied irrespective of its type, it doesn’t copy the objects referred to by the references. Basically, it creates a new object and that object points to the original references.
The examples below illustrate the use of this method.
Example 1: Create an object H1 of type Hashtable class which is predefined in the System.Collections namespace. Then we add keys and values of type string using the Hashtable. Add method. The Hashtable.clone method is used to create a shallow copy of H1. We use the foreach loop to display the elements of ShallowH1. The DictionaryEntry property is used to set or get the value of the key, value ordered a pair.
Key 5 Value Table Key 1 Value This Key 4 Value Hash Key 3 Value a Key 2 Value is
Example 2: Now let’s try making some change in the shallow copy. As shown in the code below the changes of the shallow copy are not reflected back in the original Hashtable.
Key 3 Value Blueberry Key 2 Value Apple Key 1 Value Orange Key 4 Value Mango Key 3 Value Blueberry Key 2 Value Apple
- C# | How to create a shallow copy of the BitArray
- How to create a shallow copy of BitArray in C#
- How to create a shallow copy of ArrayList in C#
- How to create a shallow copy of SortedList Object in C#
- Shallow Copy and Deep Copy in C#
- How to create a copy of an object in PHP?
- C# | Check if a Hashtable is equal to another Hashtable
- C# | Get or Set the value associated with specified key in Hashtable
- C# Hashtable with Examples
- C# | Hashtable Class
- C# | Remove all elements from the Hashtable
- C# | Gets an ICollection containing the keys in the Hashtable
- C# | Check whether a Hashtable contains a specific key or not
- Difference between Hashtable and Dictionary in C#
- C# | Gets an ICollection containing the values in the Hashtable
- C# | How to get hash code for the specified key of a Hashtable
- C# | Check if the Hashtable contains a specific Key
- C# | Check if the Hashtable contains a specific Value
- C# | Adding an element into the Hashtable
- C# | Check if Hashtable is read-only
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.