Get the full URL in PHP
PHP program to get complete URL of currently running pages.
There are few steps to get the complete URL of the currently running page which are given below:
- Create a PHP variable which will store the URL in string format.
- Check whether the HTTPS is enabled by the server .If it is, append “https” to the URL string. If HTTPS is not enabled, append “http” to the URL string.
- Append the regular symbol, i.e. “://” to the URL.
- Append the HTTP_HOST(The host to which we have requested, e.g. www.google.com, www.yourdomain.com, etc…) name of the server.
- Append the REQUEST_URI(The resource which we have requested, e.g. /index.php, etc…) to the URL string.
Note: Use isset() function to check whether HTTPS is enable or not. The isset() function is used to check a variable exists or not.
The status of HTTPS is saved in the Global variable $_SERVER[‘HTTPS’]. So, use $_SERVER[‘HTTPS’] in isset() function is used to check whether it exists or not. This will tell us whether HTTPS is enabled or not. Check the value of $_SERVER[‘HTTPS’]. If it is “on”, then HTTPS is enabled and we have to append “https” to the URL.
The output of the above code is https://ide.geeksforgeeks.org/ instead of https://ide.geeksforgeeks.org/index.php. In order to fix this problem, need to replace, $_SERVER[‘REQUEST_URI’] with $_SERVER[‘PHP_SELF’]
Program 3: Displaying the currently executing PHP file URL