PHP program to get complete URL of currently running pages.
There are few steps to get the complete URL of the currently running page which are given below:
- Create a PHP variable which will store the URL in string format.
- Check whether the HTTPS is enabled by the server .If it is, append “https” to the URL string. If HTTPS is not enabled, append “http” to the URL string.
- Append the regular symbol, i.e. “://” to the URL.
- Append the HTTP_HOST(The host to which we have requested, e.g. www.google.com, www.yourdomain.com, etc…) name of the server.
- Append the REQUEST_URI(The resource which we have requested, e.g. /index.php, etc…) to the URL string.
Note: Use isset() function to check whether HTTPS is enable or not. The isset() function is used to check a variable exists or not.
The status of HTTPS is saved in the Global variable $_SERVER[‘HTTPS’]. So, use $_SERVER[‘HTTPS’] in isset() function is used to check whether it exists or not. This will tell us whether HTTPS is enabled or not. Check the value of $_SERVER[‘HTTPS’]. If it is “on”, then HTTPS is enabled and we have to append “https” to the URL.
The output of the above code is https://ide.geeksforgeeks.org/ instead of https://ide.geeksforgeeks.org/index.php. In order to fix this problem, need to replace, $_SERVER[‘REQUEST_URI’] with $_SERVER[‘PHP_SELF’]
Program 3: Displaying the currently executing PHP file URL
- CSS Full Form
- XML full form
- URL full form
- PHP Full Form
- HTML full form
- JSON full form
- What is full stack development ?
- HTML | Responsive full page image using CSS
- How to design full width dropdown Navbar using Bootstrap ?
- How to xdebug var_dump to display full object/array ?
- How to Become a Full Stack Web Developer in 2019 : A Complete Guide
- Difference between Search Engine and Web Browser
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.