Given an array where every element occurs a times, except one element which occurs b (a>b) times. Find the element that occurs b times.
Input : arr = [1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3] a = 3, b = 2 Output : 1
Add each number once and multiply the sum by a, we will get a times the sum of each element of the array. Store it as a_sum. Subtract the sum of the whole array from the a_sum and divide the result by (a-b). The number we get is the required number (which appears b times in the array).
Please refer below article for more approaches.
- First element that appears even number of times in an array
- Find the element that appears once in an array where every other element appears twice
- Find the element that appears once
- Find the element that appears once in a sorted array
- Remove characters from string that appears strictly less than K times
- Check if max occurring character of one string appears same no. of times in other
- Count all elements in the array which appears at least K times after their first occurrence
- Maximum number of times str1 appears as a non-overlapping substring in str2
- Find the K-th minimum element from an array concatenated M times
- Maximum difference between two elements such that larger element appears after the smaller number
- First element occurring k times in an array
- Largest element in the array that is repeated exactly k times
- Smallest element in an array that is repeated exactly 'k' times.
- Sum of array elements after every element x is XORed itself x times
- Element which occurs consecutively in a given subarray more than or equal to K times
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.