Given a string str and a character K, the task is to find the count of all the substrings of str that contain the character K.
Input: str = “geeks”, K = ‘g’
“g”, “ge”, “gee”, “geek” and “geeks” are the valid substrings.
Input: str = “geeksforgeeks”, K = ‘k’
Naive approach A simple approach will be to find all the substrings having character K of the given string and return the count;
Efficient approach: For every index i in the string, find the first index j such that i ≤ j and str[j] = K. Now, the substrings str[i…j], str[i…j + 1], str[i…j + 2], …, str[i…n – 1] will all contain the character K at least once. The approach seems to be O(n2) at first but the index j will not be calculated again for every index i, j will be a valid index for all the values of i less than j.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
- Count substrings that starts with character X and ends with character Y
- Count of substrings which contains a given character K times
- Number of substrings with count of each character as k
- Count substrings with each character occurring at most k times
- Print Kth character in sorted concatenated substrings of a string
- Find the count of M character words which have at least one character repeated
- Count substrings with same first and last characters
- Count substrings that contain all vowels | SET 2
- Count Substrings with equal number of 0s, 1s and 2s
- Count of total anagram substrings
- Count of substrings of a binary string containing K ones
- Count number of substrings with exactly k distinct characters
- Recursive solution to count substrings with same first and last characters
- Count distinct substrings that contain some characters at most k times
- Find the count of substrings in alphabetic order
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.