java.util.Calendar.get() method is a method of java.util.Calendar class. The Calendar class provides some methods for implementing a concrete calendar system outside the package. Some examples of Calendar fields are : YEAR, DATE, MONTH, DAY_OF_WEEK, DAY_OF_YEAR, WEEK_OF_YEAR, MINUTE, SECOND, HOUR, AM_PM, WEEK_OF_MONTH, DAY_OF_WEEK_IN_MONTH, HOUR_OF_DAY.
public int get(int field) where, field represents the given calendar field and the function returns the value of given field.
Exception : If the specified field is out of range, then ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException is thrown.
Example 1: To fetch Date, Month, Year
Day : 1 Month : 2 Year : 2018
Example 2 : To fetch Day of the week, Day of the year, Week of the month, Week of the year.
Day of week : 5 Day of year : 60 Week in Month : 1 Week in Year : 9 Day of Week in Month : 1
Example 3 : To fetch Hour, Minute, Second and AM_PM.
Hour : 6 Minute : 51 Second : 53 AM or PM : 0 Hour (24-hour clock) : 6
- Java.lang.Short toString() method in Java with Examples
- Java.util.Collections.rotate() Method in Java with Examples
- Java lang.Long.reverse() method in Java with Examples
- Java lang.Long.numberOfTrailingZeros() method in Java with Examples
- Java lang.Long.highestOneBit() method in Java with Examples
- Java.util.Collections.disjoint() Method in java with Examples
- Java lang.Long.lowestOneBit() method in Java with Examples
- Java lang.Long.numberOfLeadingZeros() method in Java with Examples
- Java lang.Long.byteValue() method in Java with Examples
- Java 8 | ArrayDeque removeIf() method in Java with Examples
- Java.math.BigInteger.probablePrime() method in Java
- Java.util.ArrayList.addall() method in Java
- Java.math.BigInteger.modInverse() method in Java
- Java.lang.string.replace() method in Java
- Java Clock withZone() method in Java with Examples
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.