This function is similar to strtok in C. Input sequence is split into tokens, separated by separators. Separators are given by means of the predicate.
Template: split(Result, Input, PredicateT Pred); Parameters: Input: A container which will be searched. Pred: A predicate to identify separators. This predicate is supposed to return true if a given element is a separator. Result: A container that can hold copies of references to the substrings. Returns: A reference the result
Application : It is used to split a string into substrings which are separated by separators.
Input : boost::split(result, input, boost::is_any_of("\t")) input = "geeks\tfor\tgeeks" Output : geeks for geeks Explanation: Here in input string we have "geeks\tfor\tgeeks" and result is a container in which we want to store our result here separator is "\t".
geeks for geeks
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- <strings> library in C++ STL
- snprintf() in C library
- <algorithms> library in C++ STL
- <iterator> library in C++ STL
- SDL library in C/C++ with examples
- <regex> library in C++ STL
- <numeric> library in C++ STL
- difftime() C library function
- Any datatype in C++ boost library
- Pattern Searching using C++ library
- Map in C++ Standard Template Library (STL)
- C Library math.h functions
- Set in C++ Standard Template Library (STL)
- Advanced C++ with boost library
- The C++ Standard Template Library (STL)
- boost::algorithm::equal() in C++ library
- boost::algorithm::clamp() in C++ library
- boost::algorithm::is_partitioned() in C++ library
- boost::algorithm::none_of() in C++ library
- boost::algorithm::any_of() in C++ library
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.