This program is intended to create a panorama from a set of images by stitching them together using OpenCV library stitching.hpp and the implementation for the same is done in C++. The program saves the resultant stitched image in the same directory as the program file. If the set of images are not stitched then it exits the program with an error. This error comes due to the fact that the input images don’t have common areas or they don’t share a common patch of pixels.
Steps to implement the code:
1) Make sure OpenCV is installed on the local machine
2) Place the input images in the same directory as the program.
3) Compile the code from the command prompt as usual.
4) While running the code give all the input images as arguments.
5) Check the resultant image by the name “result.jpg”
This image shows the basic architecture of how the stitching algorithm works.It is based on the research paper with title “Automatic Panoramic Image Stitching using Invariant Features” by M. Brown and D. Lowe. Refer to the second link in references.
Please refer this opencv.org image for details.
This article is contributed by Shashwat Jain. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
Rated as one of the most sought after skills in the industry, own the basics of coding with our C++ STL Course and master the very concepts by intense problem-solving.
- Arithmetic Operations on Images using OpenCV | Set-2 (Bitwise Operations on Binary Images)
- Python | Create video using multiple images using OpenCV
- Erosion and Dilation of images using OpenCV in python
- Addition and Blending of images using OpenCV in Python
- Draw geometric shapes on images using OpenCV
- Python | Denoising of colored images using opencv
- Arithmetic Operations on Images using OpenCV | Set-1 (Addition and Subtraction)
- Python | Grayscaling of Images using OpenCV
- Python - Process images of a video using OpenCV
- Java Program to Blur Images using OpenCV
- Python | Working with PNG Images using Matplotlib
- Apply changes to all the images in given folder - Using Python PIL
- How to compress images using Python and PIL?
- Real-Time Edge Detection using OpenCV in Python | Canny edge detection method
- OpenCV Python Program to analyze an image using Histogram
- Detection of a specific color(blue here) using OpenCV with Python
- Python Program to detect the edges of an image using OpenCV | Sobel edge detection method
- Template matching using OpenCV in Python
- Image Processing using OpenCV in Java | Set 13 (Brightness Enhancement)
- Image Processing using OpenCV in Java | Set 14 ( Sharpness Enhancement )