This program is intended to create a panorama from a set of images by stitching them together using OpenCV library stitching.hpp and the implementation for the same is done in C++. The program saves the resultant stitched image in the same directory as the program file. If the set of images are not stitched then it exits the program with an error. This error comes due to the fact that the input images don’t have common areas or they don’t share a common patch of pixels.
Steps to implement the code:
1) Make sure OpenCV is installed on the local machine
2) Place the input images in the same directory as the program.
3) Compile the code from the command prompt as usual.
4) While running the code give all the input images as arguments.
5) Check the resultant image by the name “result.jpg”
This image shows the basic architecture of how the stitching algorithm works.It is based on the research paper with title “Automatic Panoramic Image Stitching using Invariant Features” by M. Brown and D. Lowe. Refer to the second link in references.
Please refer this opencv.org image for details.
This article is contributed by Shashwat Jain. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Arithmetic Operations on Images using OpenCV | Set-2 (Bitwise Operations on Binary Images)
- Python | Grayscaling of Images using OpenCV
- Python | Denoising of colored images using opencv
- Python - Process images of a video using OpenCV
- Addition and Blending of images using OpenCV in Python
- Erosion and Dilation of images using OpenCV in python
- Draw geometric shapes on images using OpenCV
- Arithmetic Operations on Images using OpenCV | Set-1 (Addition and Subtraction)
- Python | Create video using multiple images using OpenCV
- Compression of GIF images
- Working with Images in Python
- Reading images in Python
- Extract images from video in Python
- Python | Working with PNG Images using Matplotlib
- Apply changes to all the images in given folder - Using Python PIL